Friday, February 10, 2012

Before Shopping Photos







When I see people suggest saving money by using what is in your pantry for awhile, it is not really an option for really low income families. When you are buying just small amounts to get you through a month as you can tell from these photos, your pantry stock is fairly depleted.

Actually since I started this blog and started a slightly new improved shopping technique, this is the most I actually have had at the end of a month!

Dont worry we were still eating our 3 meals a day and even snacks but with such low invetory, one needs to be really creative in coming up with things!

I think you will like the "After" photos much better, where I boosted our monthly shopping with the 3 lists I provided already!

16 comments:

  1. Our place looks just about the same. I'm with you... you can't use what's in your pantry when you're living on a tight budget/ trying to pay off debts and there's nothing in your pantry, or cupboards, or fridge, or freezer. We have the meals were're eating for the week and that's that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, you really do use it up!!! We were once on a super tight budget as well. I use to call the Thursday night dinner our holy night "The Last Supper" We had nothing to eat left until I could get to the grocery on Friday PAY DAY!!!! Can't wait to see your after photo's, I use to feel like the richest person in the world on grocery day

    ReplyDelete